Pull Over, I'm Coming Down!
On our way to the West Fork of the Bitterroot Saturday, we encountered this scene at the top of Lost Trail Pass:
The pilot had just refueled at the Hamilton airport and was headed south. Near the top of Lost Trail, he encountered heavy weather. He told first responders that a sudden downdraft forced him into a canyon. As he attempted to bank out of the canyon, the plane came down and "skipped" across Highway 93. The pilot walked away.
- 04/12/2016 | 2016 Orvis Guide Rendezvous Keynote Delivered by Wade Fellin
- 03/30/2016 | Exciting News from Big Hole Lodge
- 04/02/2015 | Book an April Day Trip Today!
- 01/29/2015 | BOOK YOUR SPRING STREAMER SPECIAL!
- 01/17/2015 | WORLD FISHING NETWORK TO FEATURE BIG HOLE LODGE THIS SUNDAY!
Observed at Maiden Rock monitoring station.
Flow (CFS): 285
Gauge Height (ft): 2.84
Updated: 7/29/2016 1:07pm