Shoulda been here.....tomorrow!
Tommy woke up with a bad case of "I need to be ready for work Monday" after our Saturday on the Bitterroot, and he headed back to Great Falls. Nick and I ventured out into the mid-40's weather and hoped the salmon flies would start on the Big Hole.
With the cold temps and heavy cloud cover, the bugs remained underwater, but were lined up on the banks awaiting a temperature rise.
Wouldn't you know it....the day he flew back to NYC the sun came out and the hatch went off. Get back here next year.....and take more time off!
- 04/12/2016 | 2016 Orvis Guide Rendezvous Keynote Delivered by Wade Fellin
- 03/30/2016 | Exciting News from Big Hole Lodge
- 04/02/2015 | Book an April Day Trip Today!
- 01/29/2015 | BOOK YOUR SPRING STREAMER SPECIAL!
- 01/17/2015 | WORLD FISHING NETWORK TO FEATURE BIG HOLE LODGE THIS SUNDAY!
Observed at Maiden Rock monitoring station.
Flow (CFS): 285
Gauge Height (ft): 2.84
Updated: 7/29/2016 1:07pm