An August Cold Snap?
Not quite, but things sure have cooled off over the past two days. Temps were in the nineties on Saturday and Sunday and then out of nowhere, a front moved through dropping Sunday night's temp by 60 degrees! I slept with my windows open and woke up thinking I was camping.
Big Hole River Report:
Cooler nighttime temps and a cloudy day yesterday really brought the water temp down from an alarming 73 degrees to a refreshing 59. Great news for a heat-stressed fish population.
The river is holding tough at 300 cfs, and hopefully 5 day forecast for afternoon showers does in fact bring moisture.
Temps should stay below the 90 degree mark this week and nights should drop into the 40's. Add in a little rain and we are in fine shape!
- 04/12/2016 | 2016 Orvis Guide Rendezvous Keynote Delivered by Wade Fellin
- 03/30/2016 | Exciting News from Big Hole Lodge
- 04/02/2015 | Book an April Day Trip Today!
- 01/29/2015 | BOOK YOUR SPRING STREAMER SPECIAL!
- 01/17/2015 | WORLD FISHING NETWORK TO FEATURE BIG HOLE LODGE THIS SUNDAY!
Observed at Maiden Rock monitoring station.
Flow (CFS): 310
Gauge Height (ft): 2.89
Updated: 7/28/2016 9:07am