Three Storms Coming, Each Bigger Than the Last
The Rockies are experiencing a series of small storms this week that have surprised some areas with substantial snowfall. This weekend, a larger storm system will drop down from British Columbia, according to PowderChasers.
The most exciting news for Western mountain snowpack is the coming of an even stronger system projected for the middle of next week. The storm is set to move East across the Cascades and Sierras into the Rockies and the Wasatch.
The Pintlers, home to a substantial portion of the Big Hole Watershed's snow reserve, are currently engulfed in a ferocious looking snow cloud.
I'm headed home to Wise River and the Big Hole Lodge for the long weekend and plan to break out the neoprene between these coming systems!
- 04/12/2016 | 2016 Orvis Guide Rendezvous Keynote Delivered by Wade Fellin
- 03/30/2016 | Exciting News from Big Hole Lodge
- 04/02/2015 | Book an April Day Trip Today!
- 01/29/2015 | BOOK YOUR SPRING STREAMER SPECIAL!
- 01/17/2015 | WORLD FISHING NETWORK TO FEATURE BIG HOLE LODGE THIS SUNDAY!
Observed at Maiden Rock monitoring station.
Flow (CFS): 285
Gauge Height (ft): 2.84
Updated: 7/29/2016 1:07pm